LSA Voyager GAN Amplifier

Just got mine last week.  After 24 hours of play all I can say is that this is not your father's class D amplifier.  There is not one thing about its sound that reminds me of the class D gremlins that I do not like.  The low end filled in and now has deep impact, the midrange is the love child of a beautiful tube and clean hybrid amp - just gorgeous.  Highs are very clean and extended. Spatial cues are top notch. My system has had some damn good tube and solid state amps in it before and it has never sounded this good.  I am blown away with the quality of sound coming from class D amplification at this price point.

This 300 wpc amplifier is a real winner.....
128x128Ag insider logo xs@2xjaymark

Showing 4 responses by klh007

@jaymark, I see Ric has a list of simple mods already up on his tweakaudio site, better wiring, and a Furutech AC connector, no major mods until he sees one in person. What are you thinking of changing already jaymark? I wonder if Ric can  change the output inductor from a ferrite core inductor to a custom made high gauge OFC air core coil like he does on the Purifi mod? Most importantly, the Voyager is superb after a brief burn in without any enhancements. 
I know LSA has an integrated in the planning stage, expect it in early 2022 I would guess.
Phil, I bet EJ's GaN amp is his own design, I'm not sure about Peachtree and LSA but they went on sale at the same time and have very similar specs. I find it interesting that all 3 of these GaN amps are retailing at $3,000.

I believe @cascadesphil is right about active speakers/systems being the future, Gayle Sanders' Eikon speakers are just sensational, all you need is a source. Kii and Dutch & Dutch are also making superb active speakers.