LSA speakers?

The name LSA came up in some other threads. I am always curious about small hidden gem type companies. Does anyone have any experience with these? Comparison with other specific models will be great, but impressions will do.
aktchi
Aktchi: I have not heard the above mentioned speakers so I really wouldn't be able to comment. My reference to LS35as is based on considerable time spent with the Rogers issue of this speaker. I realize that Harbeth manufacturers an LS35a, but again I haven't heard them. I really do have to get out and hear more speakers!
Is there confusion?
LS3-5a is the code name of a '60s BBC spkr design for monitoring inside recording vans.

LSA is a brand name used by "dk designs". They make amps and spkrs (asaik).
Yes! Rogers LS35as are nearfield monitors and are commonly referred to as BBC monitors. They are characterized by the use of a bextrene KEF B110 midbass driver and T-27 tweeter which was later replaced by a celestion tweeter, if memory serves. Many homes use these as their primary speaker (I know I sold them). They still have quite a following, I understand, and are still considered a reference standard by the faithful. Spendor, Harbeth and a number of other British manufactures have been licensed by the BBC to use the LS35a designation. I don't know what LS35a stands for but LSA stands for Larry Staples something or other; Larry Staples being the new owner of DK and presumably the designer of the LSA line. Though I wouldn't say that the LSA2s are the equal of the little BBCs within their limited frequency band, there is, to my ears, a characteristic similarity.

Driven by tubes like the Luxman 3045s or the Quad Mono Blocks, little else, short of Quad 57s could compare to the Rogers LS35sa in the day, and I imagine this is still the case. In fact I've been considering building a second system around the Cayin S A-88T/KT-88 and, now that you mention it, LS35as may be the to go. Any recommendations for a CD player? Thanks!

So yes, your exactly right but there is no confusion.
Yes, the LSA speakers are from DK Design. But I auditioned the LS2 at length at my dealer and they sound fantastic. The VS VR2s, which sit right next to the LS2s in the room, didn't sound as smooth or as open. I didn't get to compare them to any other speakers.

The cabinet quality of the LS2 is excellent and the rosewood finish is really classy but the drivers look just like the VS drivers...probably sourced from the same place but I can't say for sure. Arthur