LS50 and Big Fat Dots

I have a pair of LS50s placed at the ends of a credenza and don't have room to place them on stands.

I have been using those time rubber feet that came with the speakers bur was wondering if using something like Herbies Big Fat Dots would make any perceptible improvement in the sound.

Actually they are sound pretty good powered by a NAD D7050. The credenza is very sturdy made of real wood, but when I put my hand on it I still sense some vibrations. Perhaps this vibration may be muddied the sound in some way. I'm frankly not sure because I'm not sure what would be the best performance of the speakers and amplification. What kind of improvement should I expect it it does work?

On a final note, I thought about the big fat dots because they seem to be very non-descript and will not affect the decor of the living room.

Does anyone has any experience with this product and can give some information?
tvfreak

Showing 1 response by johnson0134

I ordered the Big Dots and am curious if they would be an improvement over the cheap isolation solution I devised. I have B&W Nautilus 804 speakers (towers). Each sits on one AA battery and two chrome balls.

The result is extremely satisfying from sound quality standpoint but it’s not safe - if I push the speaker even gently, one of the isolators would roll out of the bottom of the speaker. Temporarily took care of the issue by placing thin books here and there under and around the speakers. But temporary nonetheless.

Can’t wait to receive the Big Dots and do some AB comparison. Big Dots would be MUCH more stable than a battery/two chrome balls so I hope the former wins.