LS3/5A vs Sonus Faber Liuto Monitor

Rogers LS3/5A 15ohm version vs Sonus Faber Liuto Monitor

Which is a better (bookshelf-ish) speaker?
I mainly listen to various genres of classical music.
gianttube
I have not heard the two anywhere near contemporaneously or in even remotely similar setups. But, I liked the sound of both. The Liuto is a very capable, "modern" (meaning that it tends toward the brighter and leaner side) sounding speaker. In the solid state setup I heard it in, it had a surprisingly deep bottom end and was good with most music, though large scale orchestral music did not have great weight.

I heard the 15 ohm Rogers more recently in an all tube system. This was a surprising experience. The speaker sounded very rich, harmonically dense and weighty sounding speaker that did NOT sound slow or dull. While the bass sounds a bit faked (a slight upper bass bump instead of really deep bass), it was not overly sloppy in that regard. I know it has a very low efficiency rating, but, it played remarkably well with a low-powered tube amp--the easy 15 ohm load probably more than made up for the low efficiency as far as being tube friendly.

It really comes down to a matter of taste; both are very good. If it were my choice, I would go with the 15 ohm Rogers.