LP12- Power Supply- Need education

I have read a lot about different options to upgrade the analogue power supply.
A phono stage need to amplify micro signal would require very good power supply to ensure there is minimal noise interfere with the signal.
I read about Lingo and other power supply articles, however they never mentioned about the science behind it.
How could a power supply powering a motor will introduce noise to the cartridge especially belt drive?
How do you measure the noise when playing a record?
Or would  the power supply provide a more stable rotational speed, my speed measurement on the turntable shows very consistence rpm once it is playing?
I really do not understand why a Lingo power supply cost so much but cannot provide an improvement with a measurable results.
Could someone educate me.
msnpassion
Great reply.
The vibration from power supply 'Ripple" should be measurable. I believed it can be quantified as a frequency rate and the intensity of the ripple.
Why there is no such articles or measurement being published about the ripple effect with Lingo and without Lingo as a comparison?
How much ripple would start to have audible effect? What would be the threshold?
If we use DC- battery power supply, it will eliminate the vibrations generate from AC to DC, am I correct?
How could a Lingo power supply will cost an arm and a leg to make given the technology and parts are now available at a reasonable cost.

One of the major things, if not the major thing, that power supplies like the Lingo, VPI SDS & ADS and other turntable power supplies designed for AC motors do is ramp the voltage down significantly after startup.

The Linn and VPI power supplies, for example, ramp voltage down from about 115-120 (in North America) at startup to between 70-90 volts which results in a fairly significant reduction in motor noise & vibration (which is transferred directly through the belt to the platter).

You can achieve exactly the same thing with a variable output transformer for less than $100, which is what I've been doing with my Michell Gryodec for about the past 8 years. On my Gyrodec, if you start the table at 115 volts and then ramp the voltage down, you can literally feel the motor vibration reducing/falling off if you place your hand on the motor housing when doing so.

Using Audioorigami oil and replacing the steel ball in my Gyro with a Grade 3 silicon nitride ball from Boca Bearings (about $3), I can reduce the voltage to around 50.

Improvements are unquestionably audible; whether it is worth a thousand or two thousand dollars is entirely subjective, of course, like most of this hobby.
Are u implying the start-up of the turntable will generate most of the noise and thereby it will not eliminate as time progress (Newton Law: Conservation of energy)
If this is the case, why can't we manually turn the platter during start and let the low torque take over once it is running which consumed minimal voltage during normal operation.
This is like Nottingham turntable spacedeck, if I remember correctly
Yes, and it is exactly the approach that the Nottingham takes I believe.
Like someone posted above, if you have a chance to hear the various power supplies that Linn has available for their LP12, I am fairly sure you will easily hear the difference each makes. The top of the line Radikal D is not just a power supply upgrade, it is also a whole new motor that runs DC. The Radikal D power supply is the most precise power supply option in the Linn line. As such, the rotational accuracy and ability to keep speed regardless of drag from the cartridge is unsurpassed. The DC motor also is extremely quiet and is controlled with accuracy from the power supply. Having advanced from a Valhalla power supply ...which in itself does a better job than the Majik power supply, or the old Nirvana power supply, I can tell you there are huge gains to be had from going up the chain. Now, as usual there will be naysayers on this thread, typically from folks who haven’t heard a current Linn Klimax, or who used to own a Linn...twenty plus years ago! Today’s new LP12 is absolutely NOTHING like what these posters state...and the ONLY way you can determine this, is to listen to a top end LP12 yourself, preferably one that has been set up by a pro dealer, and not one that your local car mechanic just cobbled together.