LP12 owners: Anyone try the Tiger-Paw Khan yet?

I just found about this today and think it would make a marked improvement over the OEM top plate. I wonder if it would if it wouldn't actually add more improvement than a Keel. In case you haven't seen it check it out at tiger-paw.com, my local dealer says it is $1200 plus installation.
128x128theo

Showing 3 responses by polk432

Polk is experienced enough to know if something makes a difference or not. If you want to give Linn your money like a fool on things that won't make a difference go ahead. I'm smart enough not to that's all. Happy listening.
I forgot to mention that I do hear a difference in things. Like tube and ss. Death to ss. I did just get a Linn Classik for when I want to listen for short periods of time and not fire up my tube system. It's a nice unit with lots of functions, but really, I swear I can hear a difference between the two. I wouldn't lie about something so critically important.
I rebuilt my Sondek 12 last march 1st. Without a jig, yes, it took 10 hours, but saved me a 4 hour job @ 95.00 per hr. I have a custom plinth, which is not supposed to be as good. The hell it isn't. I had a Lingo, PS and replaced it with a Herculese II. The Lingo had more torque during start up, but as for it sounding better...BS!!!! The Valhalla PS sounded no different either. You can flatten the steel top plate if you want, but the top left hand corner still needs to be tight, that's why the plates are bent a little. You may be better off saving the money for cart. replacements or try a different cart for better sound. I even built another one with an all new Vivid system.. again no difference, although I'd stick with Linn parts if I built another. Best of luck.