Lowther speakers for Fisher X-202-B?

at the moment I'm running my fisher amp through old Kef 103.3's, it sounds good, but it's often on the harsh side. i'm thinking of upgrading to Lowther PM2C drivers in the 1.3 cabinet, for a small room, about 11 x 11. do you think this would be a good match for the Fisher amp, or would you recommend another Lowther system, or different speakers all together? i primariy listen to classical and jazz, huge bass is not all that important to me. thanks in advance for your responses, im a relative newbie to the audiophile world, so be gentle!
128x128jtnicolosi

Showing 3 responses by jtnicolosi

thanks for the response Sdcampbell, but outside the bookshelfs, the Coincidents are way out of my price range. the Lowther speakers can be had for around $1500 new.
thanks for the responses! let me add another question, which as I see on some past posts is widely debated: do you prefer the lowther or fostex drivers? i could pick up the cain abby speakers for even less than the lowthers, which do you prefer and why? the fisher is not heavy on the bass, so maybe, just maybe, the lowthers would be overly bright.
Twl, if I prefer a more mellow sound, is the Fostex the better choice? not that I don't want accurate speakers, but I don't neccessarily wan't every flaw on a recording to be revealed.