Lowther speakers for Fisher X-202-B?

at the moment I'm running my fisher amp through old Kef 103.3's, it sounds good, but it's often on the harsh side. i'm thinking of upgrading to Lowther PM2C drivers in the 1.3 cabinet, for a small room, about 11 x 11. do you think this would be a good match for the Fisher amp, or would you recommend another Lowther system, or different speakers all together? i primariy listen to classical and jazz, huge bass is not all that important to me. thanks in advance for your responses, im a relative newbie to the audiophile world, so be gentle!
128x128jtnicolosi

Showing 2 responses by gmood1

My advice... listen for yourself in your own room. From there you can decide which way to go.Response graphs won't and can't replace a good pair of ears. Everyone has an opinion but the only one that matters is your own!

Good Luck!
Jtn the Cain&Cain Abbys are terrific musical instruments.
I spent several hrs auditioning them. You can listen to these for hours without fatigue.They aren't rolled off,neither are they hyper reality. The Fostex has a very natural sound.It's cone is made from banana plant fiber, it should sound natural LOL.

None of these speakers will suit a rock & roller. Anyone into jazz,vocals, instrumental or classical music owes it to themselves to take a listen. I'm done with speakers that use crossovers. I never realised there was so much information and emotion in the music that's stripped by some crossovers. The only speakers with crossovers I've heard that come close in coherency and natural timing are Green Mountain Audio Europas.

Single driver/crossoverless type speakers really do make some speakers sound like a blanket was tossed over them.. no matter their cost!

Give these speakers a good source and be prepared to have your mind blowed! I find good old fashion copper speaker wires do the trick as well. These speakers don't need silver..I already made that mistake!

As always listen for yourself.