Low volume listening dynamics

Hey all, question: I listen to music at a relatively low volume, but I still want the clarity to hear the details. So, will a high sensitivity speaker/driver (95 and above) give me more detail at lower volume than a less sensitive speaker? Or am I on the track in my logic (not the first time)? Or are my ears getting old? Thanks all!
tmalkki
superultramega, you're not confused the most effective way to improve low level listening is loudness compensation. The first watt the last watt the watts in between can't change the way our ears work. 
Is someone confusing dynamic range with loudness? And with resolution? Tsk, tsk! And at low volumes one can’t get full dynamic range. You might as well get a Bose radio.
This discussion is intriguing as most of my listening is at low volumes and it seems my existing system (Harbeth P3ESRs and vintage 1990's Rotel 120 wpc amp) is not ideal for such.  I'm looking to change out both.  What are some good examples of highly efficient bookshelf speakers, new or used, for less than $2K?  And ditto for an integrated amp with DAC to drive them for less than $2K?  I like Spendor which are more efficient than the Harbeths but are not as efficient as is being discussed in this thread.
One of the best parts of this (sometimes maddening) hobby is the range of choices, ideas, thoughts, methods and such. Somewhat recently I purchased a Primare I30, wanting to experience more of what reviewers were commenting on. It's an excellent integrated, but its strength is not low volume detail based on my personal listening. It gets phenomenal as the volume increases, seems to be the same with different speakers in the mix. So, the journey continues. Boy do I love this:-)
Although great sounding systems sound better at ALL levels, you can't deny Fletcher/Munson, and you obviously can't address that without some EQ. Although my rig is running at a lower level as background music a lot of the time, I have a Schiit Loki that can deal with that but doesn't...because when I'm actively listening I turn things up to where it sounds right, and raise or lower the levels of my 2 REL subs if needed. The Loki is out of the system unless some weird recording needs help...and that's rare.