Low Height Speaker with no rear port....help?

I am looking for a set of speakers to fit a few needs:

1. maintain a height ~4 feet or lower - wife acceptance requirment
2. preferably front ported - secondary to back walls that vary by 2 feet in depth (large room approximately 25x25 with a large vaulted ceiling extending into the second floor of the home). There is also a fireplace in between the speakers, so the speakers must perform well with various placement tolerance in the room

Price range is 3K to 10K
jutjut
Merlin VSMs might be just at or under your height limitation. Easy to drive; current iterations are said to work well w SS as well as tubes. I.m prejudiced, I own a pair.
1.Height: 40.4"
2.Front Port

Under $10K

PMC OB1i

http://www.pmc-speakers.com/174.html
Devore Gibbon 8.

Will perform well close to front wall, but are better in smaller rooms. I used them in a 13 x 20 room with good results. Larger rooms and you may need to supplement with a sub.
Beolab 9s from Bang&Olufsen.

They are well under 4 feet tall, have boundary switches, and sound very big. Got 5 star recommendations from both What Hifi and Hifi news. The reviewer at Hifi news claims that they have one of the best midranges ever. Very high WAF and resale too.
GMA Pico Executives ~ 30" high, front port. I think they'll fill your room with sound. Not sure about the price- I know they're well below 10K.