Low Frequency Rumble from TT between songs

I'm sure it's in the songs too but I'm getting low frequency rumble now that I've switched from Harbeth 30.1s to some large base reflex studio monitors. Between songs and on the lead out groove I'm getting a rumble at mid to high volume. Is that an isolation issue or something else. Table on a wall shelf, about six feet from the BACK of the left speaker, so I'm not understanding why this would happen.

dhcod

@dhcod , sorry about the late reply. I was not aware of your post.

My version of accurate has several facets. First is measurable accuracy, the stuff most audiophiles hate like the opposite political party. Frequency response, distortion of all types, signal to noise ratios. Slew rate, etc. 

Most systems fail right at the start because they do not have speakers that are reasonably flat with matching frequency responses in the room and position they are put in. It is not easy to be accurate.

The second facet is subjective but not just my opinion. Others will hear the same features and usually agree. This is the ability to produce life like images and timbre with the right recordings across the frequency spectrum. A system that performs at this level will impress nine of ten lay people. If the people are very use to hearing live instruments that climbs to ten out of ten.  I have seen the reactions to several such systems and they were extremely similar in content. 

The problem for most of us, whether we believe it or not is that we do not fully understand or relate to what we have not experienced. Very few systems perform at this level and price is no indication at all. Go listen to a string quartet live. You want to put that in your media room. That is why I use "live" as a reference. You can not use anything else as a reference because most systems do not perform at this level and are a maze of compounded errors. It is also easier to hear a live performance than it is any one particular system. You want to know how a piano should sound? Go see a solo McCoy Tyner concert at a small jazz bar. 

Thanks. Of course I have now sold it. Decided to start a Garrard project 401 and get the heck out of the VPI universe.