Low budget vintage preamp or new

I’m new to this hi-fi world and wow wow wow it is so exciting. Been nerding out big time in these forums and am happy to be a part of this now.

I got Heresy IV’s, a McIntosh MC352, a Project S Box and a $50 amazon dilvpoetry preamp. I spent nearly all of the money I have right now besides about $1,300 I saved for a preamp. 

I definitely want a tube preamp, and am looking most closely at the Audio Research LS7 and the Schitt Freya +. Honestly even with the $50 preamp I’m still totally floored every time I turn the system on and do not think I have had a single conversation with anyone in the past couple weeks that did not at some point turn to how dope the hi-fi world is. 

What are your thoughts on the lower end Audio Research amps? I’m a bit nervous they’ll hum, that I’ll need to spend a lot of time and money repairing them, and that they probably won’t work so well when I use my system to play movies, which I will certainly do at times. 

What do you think? Are there other preamps I should be looking at? Thanks so much for your time

128x128oitsliver
Post removed 
The Schiit Freya+ stereo preamplifier is without doubt a superb performer, Its three preamps in one. I use it with my solid state amps and tube amp and it sounds great. In my system the Freya+ is noise free. I can't comment on lower end Audio Research amps, I never owned one. You will not find a better tube preamp that is balanced and remote controlled with a 5-Year Warranty and Easy Return Policy, and you can purchase brand new for $950.00!
If you haven’t interacted with the people at The Music Room, you should check them out. Tons of used preamps and other gear that you can trial for 14 days at home. Not affiliated, just a regular customer.  Tmraudio.com.
jasonbourne, which one of those preamps is your favorite or go to one? I am curious. I like buying something that is classic or proven back in the day and picking up on ebay when seller moves on to new stuff. Counterpoint is pretty interesting. I remember in the 80s how cool it was.