Love the shelter 501MK2, what's the next step

...if I was to budget up to $5000.00....

The Shelter is currently partnered with an Oracle Delphi MK VI, SME 345 Tonearm, Sutherland PHD, Primaluna Dialogue 3 Pream, Primaluna Dialogue 7 w/KT-77 tubes, Gallo Ref 3.5 and Nordost Tyr cable all around.

I have lots of CD, I also have a Mac mini server for convenience, so when I sit down for some vinyls I do want midrange lushness, great tonal range, great depth and sound-staging.

I only got back into analog 4 years ago and I listen mostly to well recorded jazz, vocals not much Pop/Rock. I selected the shelter with a second hand Avid Diva as a starter and kept the cartridge when I move up to the Oracle a few months ago. I really like the sound, I am not looking at fixing anything in particular, just wandering if I am missing something that I don't know that I am wanting as I have not much exposure with other cartridge.

Should I stay with the shelter 501? or am I missing something? Up to 5K budget.
firewall

Showing 1 response by travbrow

For 5k I could but a very fine pair of speakers, and a ton of records. 5k for a cartridge that is a little better than the 501, seems like a waist of funds, well unless your rich I guess.