LOUDEST Concert and Tinnitus

This is a two part question.

1. What is the loudest concert (or event) that you have attended?

2. How long have you had tinnitus, is it getting better or worse and how are you dealing with it?

Personally, the loudest concert was UB40 at the Queen Elizabeth Theatre in Vancouver. Loudest event was drag racing at SIR (Seattle International Raceway) which was like sticking your head in a jet engine.

Regarding tinnitus. Over the past year or so I have noticed a constant high pitched "sound" in my ears. Mostly the left ear. At this point I don't actually know if it is constant or whether I just forget about it sometimes. I know use a white noise box when I go to sleep. Otherwise I tend to fixate on the ringing.

128x128tony1954

Triple bill in 1979 or so:  Pat Travers / Scorpions / Sammy Hagar; I was in first few rows and the cabinets were all sitting on the stage (not flown from ceiling)--ouch!  Plus Rush Hemispheres around that time as well (fantastic concert).  I do have tinnitus, though not at a level that it bothers me much of the time.  It does bother me some of the time.  I cannot tell if it is getting worse or not.  I suspect that mine is more due to car audio poor judgement (and not only when I was young(!)).

I've been to Emerson Lake and Palmer concerts and Yes concerts and while loud, the concert that was absolutely painful enough that it just wasn't fun was Ted Nugent. The worst music listening decision I ever made. Oh my gosh it hurts thinking about it. I did finally leave. 

Oh yeah the tinnitus part. That started longer ago than I can remember. Most of the time I can increase the volume and drown it out. 

Jeff Beck with Jennifer Batten at the Commodore Ballroom in Vancouver. Brutal. I had to leave, the SPL had to be exceeding 90dB. The higher notes in the guitar solos were making my face peel.

Has to be some shows in this small club I went to called waterstreet music hall.  I believe they are out of business.  I do not have Tinnitus, and am lucky.  I now always wear ear protection.

BTW, the loudest bang recorded was Krakatoa which was said to be defining at about 100 miles away and lead to huge numbers of deaths.