Lots of bass at walls, lack of bass in center of room/listening position

I guess this is relatively common in listening system. Is there any way to smooth this out so I get more bass energy at my listening position? This happens with our without my 2x 18 inch subs. Room is 12 x 16 x 8 ft, speakers 4.5 ft apart on long axis and I am sitting 4.5 feet away. I tried moving back and forward but the entire middle center of the room except near the walls has decreased bass.
Is this a boundary effect or could it be due to bass cancellation effects?
smodtactical
OP,

OK, I see the confusion. When I do an image search I get a lot of the Be series of Yamaha’s show up as NS 5000 speakers.

If this is the new, Zylon speaker, then the FR does not make sense to me at all.

Best,
E
Yeah, I saw the recycled denim stuff, but it didn’t appeal to me. It just didn’t look rigid enough for what I wanted.
Actually, I glued, then used a brad nailer to secure the frame. Using glue and finishing nails would work if you don’t have a compressor.
Don’t overlook the Cambric material and 3M adhesive spray. It makes a difference. You’ll save money by not having to cover the back of the panels with Guildford of Maine cloth. I wrapped the entire batt with it (cambric material).
You could see if Home depot will cut to size and deliver, but you need to order the right wood. If you go there yourself, you can pick the best pieces (straightest, and less knots). They’ll cut it for you there as well.
Something like this for the walls or ceiling (lumber edges are rounded and smooth):
https://www.homedepot.ca/product/thd-generic-1x2x8-framing-lumber/1000173739
For 3" for Bass traps you could use this:
https://www.homedepot.ca/product/thd-generic-1x4x8-millstead-spf-sdry/1000100188
You’ll probably want some D-rings for hanging them. Each panel will weigh almost 10 lbs (over 20 lbs for Bass traps), so I used these - https://www.homedepot.ca/product/ook-large-2-hole-d-ring-hangers-value-pack-10pcs/1001027224
@Smodtactical, I suggest you purchase a Minidsp. You have already invested a significant amount in your system. The Non-Hd version of the Minidsp is $100. The HD version of the Minidsp is even better and can do more.  

It  appears you are using REW and that is a good thing. REW will generate equalization filters specifically for the Minidsp. You then load them into the system via computer. There are videos on the web to guide you through the process.   

There is a learning curve to all of this. You are getting many suggestions all with good intentions. The bottom line is you have to experiment and learn as you go. Don't give up, and have fun on the journey.           
@smodtactical,

I have been down your path many times over the years. Experiment, experiment, and learn from others for sure. So many factors play into getting good bass response, and as others have mentioned, normally, it’s complicated to get even bass distribution throughout the room with room modes playing with your ideal settings and affecting the listening quality. I have learned to use the Velodyne SMS1 Sub EQ for my sub integration needs. Well, lately,  not much at all due to my new Classic Audio Loudspekers T1.5, which is in another post. 
Anyway, here are some views of my smoothing progress as measured at the center of the room, which is the new listening position with my giant speakers. You can see the initial response and after response. Playing with different frequencies, phase, etc., and given time, you will get a smoother plot.
https://www.amazon.com/photos/shared/rP9gxID-Ts6SZNr4AwftqA.NFFn8vgXexCg9g-SaViCMW

But, and I say this, do you really want a smooth bass plot? It’s sort of a rhetorical question, but if you want excited bass at let’s say, 50hz, you may want to visualize what it will sound like for you, in your room, with your equipment. I think smooth bass is okay for critical listening if your speakers need it, but not all speakers need extra bass. But yes, if they do, then add subs to help augment that portion of the musical spectrum that your speakers can’t reproduce. 
I find myself using subs less now that I have speakers with 18” downward firing bass, and 15” front firing bass. 
The room is a major component of your audio system. If you can, spend money on room infrastructure things such as sound insulation (Roxul safe and sound) in the walls, Quietrock sheet rock, anything that will assist with noise abatement that will inhibit noise and bass from leaving The room will greatly benefit your listening pleasure and bring peace to your family who do not want to listen to Aerosmith at 100db with a 50hz bass bump to feel the kick of the drum. I spot treated with absorbers, diffusion as needed after I listened and measured the room to suit my needs. Good luck on your journey. 
I had an issue with my room few years ago, bass was not filling up around my sitting area. Tried many ways to get them filled up by moving sitting position, speaker placement and I was even contemplating of getting a sub in. After I was introduced by Micahel Green with his Room Tune pillows and consulting him I did some placements of his room tune pillows in my room and finally presto bass is now more around my sitting position. Eventhough I'm not getting super low notes as I'm using bookshelf speakers but it was night and day improvement for me.