Looking to replace my old Meridian 508.24

In the process of downsizing speakers (going to the Avalon Ascendants from the Thiel 6s) and replacing/upgrading my cd player. My other equipment are the Sonic Frontier Power 3 monoblocks and a conrad johsnson pre-amp.

I currently have an old Meridian 508.24 and am looking for something to replace it is definitely on its last legs.
dkonstruction

Showing 4 responses by dkonstruction

ZD542, i loved the Meridian sound (to my ears very "warm" and "musical") so i'm looking for something in the vein if that makes sense.
Thanks Chayro. Who makes the 808? Didn't see one on the Quest For Sound site but maybe i'm missing it.
sorry, was looking on the Quest For Sound site...didn't realize you meant the Meridian 808 on sale here on Audiogon....somehow don't think haggling will get the price to anywhere near the $3,000 or so i am looking to spend...i'm sure it's a great player but out of my range at this point. thanks though for the suggestion.
Thanks to all for the recommendations. I have a question about the Sony with the modwright modifications. I remember from years ago that one of the problems with Sony was that they discontinued parts relatively quickly and it became a problem if you needed the thing fixed. I had a friend who had what was at that time a top of the line Sony reel to reel player and when he had a problem with it he couldn't get the damned thing fixed. Anyone have any more recent experience trying to get a Sony piece serviced?