Looking to get my first amp, speakers and turntabl

Looking to upgrade my set up and take my music listening to the next level. Unfortunately there's only one shop in town I'm aware of and I'm not 100% sure the sales dude is on the same page as me or has the same appreciation for music that I do. He's knowledgable, just not sure we're on the same page.

So far he suggested either the Rotel RA 1570 amp or Anthem MRX 700. There are two sets of speakers I've listened to so far, Bowers and Wilkins 683 and Paradigm Studio 20. I like the B & Ws but I'm a little disappointed that a sub would be necessary for either of those. i guess that's typical?

To recap, I'm looking to use the system exclusively for music, mostly vinyl, but also CDs and digital formats. Should I entertain something that can work with the TV as well? Drawbacks to that?

I listen to rock mostly. Today I took with me Jack White's Blunder Bus, two My Morning Jacket albums, Beastie Boy's Paul's Botique, Dark Side of the Moon and Radiohead Kid A.

I currently have a Sony turntable, a Sony receiver / amp from the 90's, Bose bookshelf speakers and some Cerwin Vega floor speakers.

Looking to take the whole set up to the next level. Budget would be around $3K, but would like to keep it under. Any advice or places to get info would be appreciated?
johnrva

Showing 1 response by mik971

I owned both a Rotel RA 1062 and a Bryston B60sst. The price differnce is definatley worth it. The Rotel is a very good mid-fi integrated. The Bryston is more refined, has better dynamics, has a 20 year warranty... Both amps work well with B&W speakers.