Looking to find out more about the Audio Refinements Complete A power amp...

Hello to all...

Looking to find out more about the Audio Refinements Complete A power amp: found one in good shape (cosmetically at least) at a price I can afford. Looking for real world experiences of those who owned one or actually heard one, as well as any other products by this manufacturer...

Some info on the internet - anyone an opinion on a vintage piece like this...
insearchofprat
I have an Audio Refinement Complete Integrated Amp in my second system. I like it a lot. I think I paid $400 or $435 for it used and feel it was a great value. I might try moving it into my main system if I get more efficient speakers. Would be nice to get away with only $400ish bucks as the center of my main system.
If you are talking about the Audio Refinement Complete integrated amp, I owned one for several years a while back as well. I believe they were a subsidiary of YBA if I recall, a French company. These amps were well regarded and have great sound for the money. The Complete integrated is known for having a somewhat sweeter and perhaps more musical presentation as opposed to being analytical. I recall the power was good and it was solidly built. It was one of my favorite integrated amps. Never had any issues with it at all.
reubent and figuy: thank you for your responses...

I would use this with my KEF Q1 speakers (high 80s efficiency) and biwired and/or biamp them: opinion?

As a sidebar: do either of you have an opinion about the other 3 pieces of the set - the CD player, the Tuner and the remote?
Audio Refinement was indeed offered by YBA. The Complete integrated is very refined integrated though not in production for some 15 years (longer?). Originally sold for ~$1000. A high value piece for the money at that time. I had one in my system for about a month about nine years ago. Was considering a purchase however I felt that the asking price was too high for it's age. If I am not mistaken, I believe your budget, based on another thread, is in the $300-$400 range. Given the age, IMO a reasonable price for a Complete integrated in good condition that has not been serviced would be ~$300. I would want to hear the unit in question.

Good luck in your search.