Looking to Add to my 7100

Hi
Thinking of adding another (McIntosh 7100 power amp) to the one i have (C-26 pre) can any one explain how to do mono block.  (One 7100 does not seem to be enough power) to push my (Platinum Audio Solo's) I have to crank it up to ## 7 or 8 to get it to sing.... (Thanks in advance)
                                                    Jefferson 
128x128mantaman

Showing 2 responses by yogiboy

Here ya go!

MONOPHONIC (BRIDGED) OPERATION A rear panel MODE switch allows the MC7100 to be used as a normal stereo amplifier, or as a bridged mono amplifier. Connect a shielded cable from a mono signal source to the R (right) /MONO input jack on the MC7100. Set the mode switch to MONO. Only the right channel LEVEL control func- tions in MONO operation. The outputs must be connected as indicated in HOW TO CONNECT OUTPUTS for proper mono operation.

The owners manual!
https://www.manualslib.com/manual/1018221/Mcintosh-Mc7100.html

Page 12 shows how to connect. Put the rear switch on mono. Connect the positive side of the speaker to right positive speaker connection of amp. Connect the negative side of speaker connection to left positive speaker connection of amp. Run a pair of RCA cables from preamp to the right input of each mono amp. You now have two mono amps! BTW, to be safe the speakers should be 8 ohm!