Looking for turntable for under $1000

I've been looking at turntables but don't want to spend over $1000. I like the Pro-ject line because they have RCA jacks at the base of the tonearm which allows the user to choose any interconnect he wants. Also like the fact that, unlike the Rega, the the VTA can be easily adjusted. I've narrowed it down to the Xpression ($500), RM-6 SB ($900) and the Xperience ($1000). Would be interested in all your thoughts. Thanks everyone. Bob
bobgates

Showing 3 responses by oregon

Bob,
See this thread for info and testimonials from Lenco maniacs. The table is a serious, true audiophile, INCREDIBLE machine. Note Jean Nantais's posts as he deserves the credit for sharing his ideas and hard work. I have built 3 and i am in the process of completing 2 more.
This past weekend a local audiophile placed his $4k table on the auction block after hearing one of my tables in his Naim system. Same thing happened 2 months ago with another audio local.
Before you make a decision, see the "systems" and read through the thread.
"Building high-end 'tables cheap at Home Despot II"

Oregon
Bob,
Not sure where you live. If you can find someone with a Lenco in your 'hood, or even a hundred miles, it will be well worth the time and trouble. I've seen Well Tempered, Nottinghams, Regas, Music Halls fall to the DIY Lenco within the last 12 months alone. Last night I hosted an audio night. We tried my Denon 103, 103 R and a friend's Grado- they all sound fabulous throughout the range, especially the mids.
I hope you have the oppurtunity. Come by my place if you'd like. The room is always ready.