Looking for suggestions on best small footprint speaker under $4K

Greetings
i’m a long time 2 channel system guy that rekindled his  interest in music and Is looking to upgrade speakers.    I just currently upgraded from a small  tube amp to a 150 W Krell amp and have really enjoyed the improved response from my  7 year old KEF LS50’s.     My favorite Brands of speakers over the years have been Maggie’s and B&W.   I have also downsized  homes and size of speaker is an issue.     Looking for the best sounding speaker for jazz and lite rock.    Attractive cabinets are important to me so I don’t like the looks of golden ear speakers..   25 years ago I loved Vandersteen speakers but they were just not attractive.

As I begin my search what would yoou suggest.   I have started looking at Monitor Audio and Salk but have not heard any.  My budget is $4K.

i appreciate your feedback.

128x128miamiangler
If you're serious about small footprint, look at Totem or ProAc.  You could get something pretty nice on the used marked for 4K.
As Jafant says Thiel or if you prefer a company still around and supporting product might I suggest Vandersteen’s lovely small footprint and imo attractive Treo ( I own the CT )

you can find a used pair inside your budget
my 2nd picks beside used Thiel ( Brother owns a pair ) would be the ET or Maggie as mentioned

have fun
it is all about the music

Small footprint means different thing to different people. Magnepans may (technically) have a "small" footprint per square inch but take up a lot of room and need a lot of room behind them to sound any good. Same with Vandersteens at least model 2 and 3s. I'd think narrower speakers like Proac, Salk, Golden Ear, etc., qualify better as small foot print. Or just go with stand mounts.
I have a pair of Salk Song3 speakers. They sound excellent. They are probably the best looking speakers made. They cost around 3k. I bought them after going to the Axpona audio show and thinking they had the best sound in the place.