Looking for speakers less than 1500 used or new

I have a Mark Levinson ML 1 preamp, NAD 502 player and Audio Research D 100 that the Audio research factory just went through and replaced all the caps etc, so runs better than new. All my cables are transparent brands and my speakers are Difinative BP8 with much better drivers installed. I listin to music only, movies are not a concern. I am looking at finding a replacement for the speakers, that will have a neutral open sound. A pair of wilson audio watt puppies sounded awsome, but the price sucks. I don't care for any of the MArtin Logans that I have ever heard. Magnapans sound better, but I want something that will give the detail, soundstage and realism that can get as close to the Wilsons at the price point. I'm looking at probably used to do this, but there are som many brands, I have no idea what to consider. Any help would be great!!
r32657

Showing 1 response by flrnlamb

All speakers have compromises, I promise! (6 high end stores worth of working experience, and 15 years plus).
So, sounds like powerful dynamics isn't a priority. Why not then consider Maggie 1.5's? Sounds right up your alley to me. I mean, they're as clear and detailed as you please, right?