Looking for speaker recommendations

I retired a couple of years ago and as a hobby have become a bit of an audiophile.  I need some speaker advice from those of you who know more than I. 

I listen mostly to classical and jazz. System is on most of the day for background music.  I do more critical listen from 8-10 in the evening at low volume (50-60 db.)

Been buying and selling gear and my current system is a Mac computer, Teac UD-301 DAC/preamp, Classe CT-2300 amp, Vandersteen 2CE signature speakers. My listening space is a 20 X 18 foot living room with cathedral ceilings. Due to WAF restrictions, the stereo system is in a corner of the room with the speakers 10 feet apart, directed at my listening chair that is 12 feet away.  

The Vandys sound nice but I suspect they are too directional for my listening space and style.  I am looking for a speaker that has a more fuller sound stage and will fill the room with sound. Speakers will need to have a better WAF than the Vandys. (Wife does not like the black socks on the Vandys.)

I prefer to buy used and am looking in the $2-5K range.

My current short-list for speakers is-

Legacy-Signature SE

DeVore-Gibbon X

Any advice/recommendations would be appreciated.

128x1282tuby
@2tuby 

Yes there will be huge improvements sonically when using a $400 DAC/preamp vs a $6k preamp/DAC. Your upstream electronics play important role as they are the ones feeding the signals to your power amp and speakers. If you feed them with garbage the overall end results will be garbage too. Garbage in garbage out.
Since you have a Classe CT-2300 power amp I recommend that you get the matching Classe CP 800 stereo preamp/DAC and the two will pair well together. Besides the CP 800 stereo preamp/DAC has been discontinued last year and nowaday it can be had for around $3500 to $4k used. This will be the cheapest solution for you. You can always get better ones but will probably cost more. 

Your Classe CT-2300, which is basically the same amp as the CA-2300, is a wonderful sounding amplifier. You can also get a good quality tube preamp plus a standalone DAC/streamer to potentially change the tonal character a little bit. 
Auduo Research, Primaluna, Cary Audio, Rogue Audio make great sounding analog tube preamps. I would look for a used one. The Rogue Audio P7 is highly regarded by many and I would strongly suggest that you look into that. But you will still need a standalone DAC with these tube analog preamps. Your Teac UD 301 DAC wouldn't cut it. 

After you upgrade your preamp/DAC or preamp + DAC you might not even need to upgrade your speakers after all. Or you can always move the Vandy line if you like their sound profile. They are great sounding speakers IMO. 

bache-
I am 50 miles from NYC

caphill-
 What are you thoughts on the Classe CT-SSP for two channel music? There is one for sale now. I know it was designed for  for home theater surround sound and so a lot more electronics.
@2tuby 

I wouldn't get the Classe CT-SSP/SSP 800 av preamp surround processor if I were you. The CT-SSP does not have a USB input. It does have HDMI, spdif (coax digital audio), and optical digital (Toslink) inputs. Lacking USB input can be troublesome if you want to connect your computer to stream music files. 
Don't get me wrong the CT-SSP/SSP 800 sounded great for two channels but I would wait and get a stereo preamp/DAC or a DAC + stereo preamp. From time to time I spotted a Classe CP 800 stereo preamp/DAC here on Audiogon. This one has USB DAC input and will perform better than the CT-SSP/SSP 800. 

There are also countless other options out there as far as the DAC/preamp options. PS Audio Direct Stream DAC is awesome and has built-in volume control / preamp and recently there are quite a few of them offered for sale here on Agon. This will even be better than the Classe CP 800 stereo preamp/DAC.

Benchmark also makes spectacular sounding DAC for the money and they have built-in volume control as well. 
@2tuby 

I have couple model to nice working in you room and feet you 
budget . Tribeca-001 and Urban-001. You can listen  Staten Island
any time