Looking for speaker recommendations

I am trading in my PMC Twenty5.26’s and looking for new speakers. My room is 15 ft. L x 12 ft. W with a 8 ft. ceiling. The speakers will be driven by Metaxas Solitaire monoblocks and a Devialet 200 pre-amp. Some speakers that I can get in my price range are:
B&W 804 D3
Legacy Audio Signature SE
Paradigm Persona F3
Vivid Audio B1
Joseph Audio Perspectives
Dynaudio Contour 60
Magico A3
I am looking for a greater soundstage and bottom end slam while maintaining the clarity of the PMC’s. I listened to the B&W’s and Paradigms and preferred the B&W’s. Not sure if any of the other speakers would be too much for my room or not? Any comments on these speakers would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

darrenmc

Showing 1 response by larry5729

I am surprised someone mentioned the B&W's.  I listened to a pair of the 804's and still wondered where's the bass.  I would definitely stay away from the Focal Arias.  Even the 948 is weak in the bass extension.  The SALK Song3 Encore's priced at $6,000/pair are just incredible.  Jim Salk uses very expensive high quality drivers and his cabinet build quality is superb.  The Song3's get down to 24 Hz and you will not need a subwoofer.