Looking for non-boomy full range speakers

I welcome suggestion for the following: I have a small room (11*13) and want a full range yet "light sounding" speaker, floorstanding if possible. What I mean is I want frequency as low as sub-30 (27Hz would be nice) but bass and lower mids not too heavy, just there. Any ideas?
Currently running AP Yara and I need same "idea", just lower freq extension. BTW, I am trying to avoid the "speaker + sub" way......
beheme

Showing 1 response by jimmy2615

One very often overlooked speaker for this application is the Aerial Model 6. If you have a decent w/ch amp (at least 100), this is a wonderful all-around speaker. Think about it, how many true 3-way speakers do you know of that have 1-tweeter, 1-midrange, and 1-woofer (7 inch) -- most are either 2-way monitors with 2 drivers, 2-way floorstanders with 2 drivers, or multi-way speakers with multi-drivers. The model 6 is truly unique in this way (really ! start looking). (Bass rated to 35 Hz by the way - but it is TRUE - unlike so many that exagerate). Many down-play these speakers because of their LACK of bass (probably because they have big rooms) - untrue, especially for a room like yours. With the model 6 you have a dedicated woofer, with a midrange driver that can focus on its job WITHOUT worrying about bass duties, plus a 3-way crossover designed by Michael Kelly and his excellent heavy cabinetry (again, find a speaker comparable that weighs 60 lbs). While I feel they are a bit over-priced new, especially with any veneer besides black, used prices are obviously easier on the wallet.
I owned these speakers a few years ago and have great respect for them and all of M. Kelly's Aerials. They are excellent sounding. They have quality Bass (the more power the better though). This is a designer that knows his stuff. Check them out !