Looking for new to me Jazz music

Hi all,

With being home more now than ever, I want to expand my Jazz music library.  I really like Diana Krall, Brubeck, Miles Davis and Bird. I like the sounds from the trio’s, quartet’s and quintets, where you can Easily hear every note.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

JD
128x128curiousjim
@oregonpapa 

Check out West Coast Jazz from the 50s and early 60s. Groups like The Lighthouse Allstars, Cal Tjader, and Shelley Mann and His Men. West Coast Jazz tends to be a more melodic form of jazz and is quite beautiful.

I agree.  Cal Tjader especially, just lovely music... and of course his understudy and modern day version Poncho Sanchez!
Buddy Rich Just in Time the final recording

Recorded over 2 nights, 19th & 20th November 1986, at Ronnie Scott's in London, UK, this is the final ever recording of the legendary, influential drummer, whose impact across Rock, Funk and Soul, as well as Jazz, is unrivalled to this day. I think it is safe to say at this point in time that Buddy Rich does not need an introduction. The man is considered by most to be one of, if not THE best drummer to ever exist. The bloke had incredible speed, power and had so much technique that he still blows the minds of people whether they're an amateur or a professional.

This is a great recording, by a great live band led by the world's greatest drummer. As this turned out to be Buddy's last recording it is a fitting tribute. He was still at the top of his game months before he was taken from us, he is still missed! This triple album was put together by his family after years of working to get this live recording out, as ownership of Buddys music is rather complicated i understand.

Over 3 LPs ..Wind Machine, Night Blood, Ready Mix, The Trolley Song, Winding Way, Harco Shuffle, Just In Time, Loose, Love For Sale, Shawnee, Up Jumped Spring, Why Bother?, Porgy and Bess, Twisted (feat. Cathy Rich), Good News (feat. Steve Marcus) [Part 1], Good News (feat. Steve Marcus) [Part 2]
Rather than list artists I like, I’d simply direct you toward the ECM label. It’s very eclectic -- they’ll have genres you like, I’m sure, and many others -- but their recordings are also very well recorded, engineered.

Oh, what the hell. Here are three *exquisite* gems:

Tord Gustavsen Trio ------- The Ground
Ralph Towner/Gary Peacock ------- A Closer View
John Abercrombie/Mark Johnson/Peter Erskine ------- Live

Hello again hilde45,

It’s funny you mentioned The Tord Gustavsen Trio.  I ordered “The Other Side” by them a little while ago.  Not sure why it’s not here yet, but I bet C-19 has something to do with it.

Stay safe.

JD