Looking for laptop Windows 10 for music only.

Morning.  Been looking through the PC section here and don't see many recent Windows PC threads.
I would like to get a new laptop PC (only) for my music.  I am currently using a Samsung Series 9 with Windows 10, updated from Windows 7.  JRiver 21 as  listening source.  My wants are specifically: Must be PC, Windows 10, backlit keyboard, HD space not that important as I use a external 2TB hard drive for storage.  It will be used only for music but this does include Tidal, Radio Paradise, etc.  The Samsung works great but I would like to keep the music system separate for convenience.
By doing a little online research it looks like almost anything will do.  I am no computer wiz kid, so simple things for my simple mind would be great.
So my questions are: 
Is there a preference for a laptop?  Or anything OK?
Processor speed;  Is Intel I7 necessary, AMD ok...?
Memory size?
How about Windows versions.  Home Edition, Pro, etc?
If anyone can advise  proper Windows 10 settings or point out a source/thread that would be cool.
Does Windows allow a user to turn off all the fluff running in the back round, or does that matter any more?

System;  USB out to Benchmark DAC2 HGC, Krell KCT Pre, Krell FPB300cx amp.  Using JRiver 21, music ripped using Apple lossless.

I can't thank you all enough for all the great information I've read and received here over the years.
-John

jsd52756

Showing 2 responses by jsd52756

Some great ideas.  As usual Al as posted an very thoughtful & informative response.  Been digging through the net hoping to enlighten myself a little further.  Once again my  mind has been douched with an onslaught of information.  Makes me want to drop the needle on some vinyl.....
Like others now I almost never spin disks as I use the computer and the awesome Benchmark DAC.  Looking forward to getting this put together.
Cheers to all,
-John
I really like a laptop for ease.  They are so powerful now & I can move it any place with such ease.  I even want a very small screen size.  I dig my Samsung series 9 just for that reason.  Perhaps another one is in order.  It has an SSD hard drive, it is super thin, light and reliable as a rock. Maybe I can get my IT guy at work to strip the fluff programs off it so i can run JRiver and listen to Radio Paradise & Tidal without any back round junk running.
-John