Looking for an Integrated below $2000

Hi guys,
I’m thinking of downsizing for awhile. Most of you know that I’m a speaker builder. I’m looking for a used integrated. This integrated will be used with 2 different sets of speakers.... One a 3 way... 10 inch sealed woofer, 5 inch aluminum mid and a ribbon tweeter. These are impedance compensated and are a very consistent 8 ohm load.
The 2nd pair is an MTM... the woofers are the same 7 inch used in the original totem forest....
so, 2 - 7 inch woofers and a soft dome tweeter (scanspeak), the bottom runs from 3.8 to 4.6 ohms and the top end is fairly consistent at 8 to 10 ohms. About any decent amp should drive either of these. Sorry, but I don’t want to mess with tubes, I don’t turn my gear off. 
I am open to suggestions, but for now, I am considering these few, but am really down to the first 2 unless I hear from others that have actually sat in front of the others...
I prefer to only hearing opinions of those who has heard what they are commenting on, no unheard opinions please.

Hegel H-160
Belles Aria
Parasound Hint
Rotel RA-1592
Hattor NCore 250

I have emailed Hattor, they just answered and said that their integrated NC250 compares with Pass, Emotiva and Hegel... I'm confused, I don't see Emotiva in the league of the other 2. 
 I have to admit, I’ve read about the Rotel, it looks excellent for the money, but I am dealing with my own prejudices about this product from the early 80’s.
I appreciate any input,
Tim

timlub

Showing 1 response by soix