Looking for an advice about speaker cables

Hello everyone,

I'm very new to better audio and I'm trying to put together a decent setup to listen to my (for now) small vinyl collection. My dad "donated" few components and currently I have NAD C340 Amp, Rega P1 turntable and Monitor Audio Studio 2 bookshelf speakers. Only thing I'm missing are speaker cables. Can someone suggest a decent pair of speaker cable that will not be too expensive. I also need help figuring out what kind of connectors I need to get. I went to check out Kimber Kables web site and looks like SBAN type would work with my amp. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

Kresimir
Chicago, IL
kresho

Showing 2 responses by zd542

Audioquest is a very good match for Monitor Audio. If you can find some good, used Type 6 or Type 8, that would be ideal for the gear you have. If not, you can get some Type 4 in Best Buy. All 3 are very good, affordable options that should keep you happy for a while.
"BTW, You mentioned you use a few CDP's. Could you recommend a CDP that has fewest computer audio features. I only am interested in the best playbook of redbook CDs, some HDCD's,SACD and quality remastered CD's. I have been told that Ayre CX-7emp is the best player on the market for straight playback, but there has been dry spell on used ones on AG......... Cheers, Jim"

If you can't find a CX-7, consider a Wadia 301 or 302. They're definitely in the same league as the Ayre. I have a 302, so I know both players pretty well. If you like the Ayre, then you should like the Wadia.