Looking for amp advice (punk, rock & reggae edition)

My current amp isn’t doing it for me. Marantz pm6005 which is class D @45 wpc. Speakers are Focal Chorus 807V. It’s very detailed but a little clinical, my biggest gripe is a lack of midbass. According to Stereophile the impedance curve dives to 4 ohm between 100 and 200 hz which is where I think I the problem lies. All indications are that more power is needed to corrrct this which seems plausible as the more volume I give it the more it fills in in that range. The problem is that apartment living doesn’t allow 100db listening sessions.

So, I’m looking for an amplifier (separates or integrated) that has the current needed to round out the sound. The speakers are staying for many more years so replacing them isn’t a viable option, plus I love the sound.

Im interested in going tube but I have no experience with tubes. I have so many questions regarding tubes it could probably be it’s own thread but it seems to me that people love these more than SS on the whole. I’m open to any suggestions though.

My budget is $2500 (used ok but prefer new)

I listen to punk, post punk, lots of reggae (specifically dub), some electronic, a little jazz and some jangle pop (think REM).

Im looking for a warm side of neutral sound with good detail that can keep its composure with fast music yet be gentle enough for jazz. I like bass, if there’s an 808 or that dubby bass guitar, I want to hear it. These speakers do a nice job when the signal is right.

My analog front end is a PDC with a 2M Blue through a Lounge LCR MKIII. All interconnects are AQ Evergreen.

Thanks
gochurchgo
@donvito101 I was actually looking at those a few weeks ago. The Synergy 200 with the Vision SLR pre. Seems like solid stuff.
A beat up Sansui g9000 with stickers all over it should do the trick. 1000 quid should get you a nice one. 
.....i mixed sound for a Punk / Rockabilly band. ( pretty much dominated by two stacked 4x10 Ampeg cabinets. )...lets just say the stacked LaScala PA struggled to keep up . so i may have an inkling of what it sounds like...
And i listen to REM and what i might call polite punk Talking heads..But not with your speakers...and I like Bob, and Toots, and some obscure stuff that comes over Bluesound Radio out of Kingston....so I dunno, you can judge spitballing as you say....
amps that I have heard that do well with that sort of thing in my various system or systems I get exposure to..
Odyssey Stereo amp ( really a steal ) running Vandersteen 2ce sig
Van Alstine 30 watt tube ( Dyna ST70 on steriods ) running Cornwall
MC240 running Apogee Stage now Vandersteen 1ci, love Burnin and Heads 77 on this BTW

have fun

I can heartily second the vote for a Hegel h160 or a h300.
Both have the Hegel house sound and plenty of current and grip to spare.
I used the h300 on a set of focal 807v as well. Superb imaging and mid bass was extremely full.
Just one point on the h160, it actually has 3 analog inputs not 2. The ht input can be configured as a normal extra analog input from the remote.
I found the inbuilt DAC on the Hegel were more than adequate and considering these 3800 and 5500 new units can now be had for 1700 to 2200 is a killer deal.
@uberwaltz

I realized about an hour after my previous post, that I had the facts incorrect.  Thank you for clarifying.