Looking for a warm sweet speaker

That images great and resolves without etched treble. I love the british sound, but want something a little more modern sounding. The big Harbeths sound good to me, but the price is just out of my reach. Any American brands that you could suggest? In this day and age it’s getting harder to find brick and mortar dealers or even by appointment dealers that stock the type of speakers I am looking for it seems.

I have analog and digital sources.
mckinneymike
Hi WolfG,

Sorry about the off topic question, but found in some of your posts that you liked the Gold Lions KT88 (reissue) even more than the KT120s or  KT150s in your Jolida amp.  Interesting, I also have a Jolida amp (Fusion 3502S) and want to try something different from the stock EL34s,  more linear and accurate.  I do not need more power, but everybody is saying that the big 120s and 150s  are not only more powerful,  but  superior sonically to the KT88s...I am not convinced....
I'm probably Jaded because they fit my musical tastes, Jazz, Rock and Classical:    IMHO VanL Speakerworks Quartetrs with all mods, exactly fit your request.
Consider Daedalus. I owned Harbeth's for many years (C7s) and loved them but when I wanted to move to a larger speaker that had the same tonal purity and coherence but with better dynamics and resolution I chose Daedalus. I just ordered what will be my third (and final?) pair (Apollo's) and would never consider another brand. Lou just gets it right in all the ways that are important to me--and maybe you too.
I decided to pick up a pair of Spendor D7's for right now.  I found a really nice pair for less than $4K so I will give these modern boxes a chance.  If I like them I may go for the D9's after the new year.  I almost bought a pair of the Harbeth 40.1, but always like Spendors.  I foresee myself upgrading a couple times to get what I really want, but the D7's should do well and into the new year.I ordered a Hana DL to use on my VPI Classic 3.  Thanks for the suggestions.  
Congrats Mike!  Spendor is a brand I haven't had a chance to get my ears on.  If at any point you are 'accepting' visitors, please let me know.  I've heard great things about the brand.

Since last time we spoke, I have gotten the house in order from the water heater leak and have also brought in some different speakers like the Tekton Double Impact and Wilson Watt Puppy 5.1.  If at any point you want to come over and have some sessions, my door is now open again.