Looking for a Speaker Recommnedation

Looking to upgrade from my current Rogers LS3/5a + AB1 REL 328 setup .  While I love the smooth mids of these speakers (especially on voices/acoustic instruments), I tend to play harder music more frequently (alt/rock/punk/etc) which these do not excel at. I like to play music loud and have a real world living room my system is in (cathedral ceiling, open on one side, many windows. couch between my speakers) so setup is a challenge. I hate harsh sounding speakers.

My current playback system consists of a Oppo-BDP105 (or primarily Roon/JRiver via Ethernet) into a PS Audio DirectStream Jr DAC > Conrad Johnson Premier 14 Tube Pre > Conrad Johnson MF2500a Amp.  All run by a PS Audio P5 with a combination of Nordost/Shunyata cabling.

Looking to spend around $4,000-$7,000 but could be flexible. Used or new is fine.

Currently considering:

PSB Imagine T3
Vandersteen Trio CT
Spendor D7
Mangepan 3.7i (don't think this will work with high SPL)
Endeavor Audio E-3
Revel F208
Golden Ear Triton 1
Dynaudio Excite X44

Any other speakers I should be considering based on my equipment, volume preference and music? Anything I should eliminate?

Looking forward to hearing everyone's opinions & thank you in advance
fdemello

Showing 5 responses by itzhak1969

I currently own the Proac 140 MK2 , I heard the 148 and was impressed by their excellent dynamics and bass. The PSB ,Dynaudio and especially the Revel you mentioned are good options too ,However if you can stretch your budget for really thrilling hi end speakers try the Proac Response D48R or the PMC Twenty 26.
The PSB , Proac and Revel are much better than the Focals I heard them once nice speakers but not enough interesting to listen for long term.
Hi fdemello

I think you’re dooing a mistake here Instead  making a list of short options and start to eliminate some choices ,you are expanding it more and more .there is endless speakers around you have to focus on the best options you think is suitable for your needs and start audition them otherwise you’ll be confused and out of control....
I recommend you to start audition the short list bellow and continue from there:

PSB Imagine T3
Vandersteen Trio CT
Spendor D7
Proac Studio 148
Revel F208

All are fine speakers and seems like a safe bet.