Looking for a quick answer about an HK AVR-7200

I have just a few days left while I can still return it.I was mislead by an ad that said it was THX Ultra certf'd,which it isn't.My fault for impulse buying.I got it for $1000, supposedly brand new,but the dated stamp reads Feb.2003.I'm not thoroughly familiar with the newest technologies (192/24 DAC).If I run the DVD player through it,is this necessary for good sound since the 7200 has full analog already and digital.I'm concerned about wasting money when I'm looking for quality on a budget since I'm still laid up from the Ground Z search & Rescue and on a extremely limited income,but since this is my main source of entertainment,I splurged because I already have a 42"plasma.I had 2 Wharfdale Valdus 400 speakers also a set of Klipsch THX 5.1's from my computer I'm wondering if I can incorporate(for another post).My main concern is the quality of the 7200 for $1000. Opinions,please! I wont hold you to anything,don't feel responsible and hold back.I have my own, but I'll take my as much input as possible before the 5 day deadline to decide.
Many thanks in Advance.
Kmiller3,upstate NY
kmiller3

Showing 1 response by coloradoclark

I am currently using an HK 7200 and I think its a great value for the price. The sound is warm and clear and the stated power of 100 watts per channel (in MC mode) seems seriously underrated.

IMO your not going to find very many viable upgrade options if you want decent 2-channel sound and good HT surround capability in one <$1K package.