Looking for a pre-amp (Pass, ARC, BAT, Sim, PS Audio)

Hello,

I would like some recommendations regarding what preamp to try in my system where I currently have a PS Audio DSD, Pass x250.8 and a pair of Focal Diva Utopias with all synergistic research interconnects. Just sold a PS Audio BHK preamp which was pretty nice, but would like something a bit faster without compromising the stage of the BHK. By-the-way, it was noticeably better having the BHK in the system then not having the preamp at all.

I am considering the ARC 5, 5SE, LS28, or the BAT VK42SE, 52SE, 33SE, or the Simadio P7, P8 Or Pass XP20, 22 next. I don’t see my-self zeroing in on any other brand/models right now.  I listen all all kind of music on Vinyl, CDs and stream Tidal.

Would you mind sharing your personal experiences with any of the above preamps (especially to contrast and compare these models/brands together). Would really appreciate any advise on which of the above preamps to go for. Thank you!
Ag insider logo xs@2xjmarshak
LOL!  Thanks for sharing and the reassurance @morningstaraudio .  I've been looking at the pairing specs of this Amp - Preamp and it looks like the right move.  Hope you are enjoying your set up!  Wow, with the XP17, you should be set for a while.

Honestly, I think that comparable level preamps  models from the other brands I listed (+ forgot to menton Ayre) would all workout well, but just feel that one can't go wrong with the xp22 based on what people are saying and the amp i am using.

I am hoping that my synergistic research cables will not pose a problem either.  
one last informed suggestion as i’ve listened to it a lot. the levinson 523 preamp is very special. forget about dark and boring as that’s not even close to what it’s about. there’s a good review of the 526(?) in stereophile that gives great insight. the model reviewed is essentially a 523 with a built in dac. i’ve seen a couple from 8-9k on agon. i think you’d do backflips. in terms of what i’ve heard lately it may not be quite as dimensional as the luxman c900u but maybe it is. two great SS preamps. just not sure about pass. not really known for their preamps but i haven’t heard one. i think boring when i think of pass but it’s in my head i’m sure. good luck to you
Thanks everyone for sharing you knowledge and experience helping me deride on the next preamp.  I appreciate it.  Also thank for feeding new ideas regarding future possibilities with Luxman, Levinson, Herron and Atma-Sphere, etc..

When i get the new preamp, i will advise.  
@jmarshak

If you are looking for balanced line you might inquire with the manufacturers of the preamps on your list if the product supports the balanced line standard, otherwise known as AES48 (Audio Engineering Society file 48).
If the preamp does a side benefit will be that the interconnect cable between the preamp and amp won't play a role in the system sound and you will be able to run it some very long distances if needed.