Looking for a Phono pre around 1K

Hey all,
My system,
VPI hw-19 mkIII, premier mmt arm, Ortofon bronze 2m, Yaqin 100b KT-88 push pull, Focal 1008be2
I've had :
Cambridge audio 640p that I modded (power supply, opamp sockets, ) 
Sound: ok , not much soundstage or detail
Yaqin ms23b tube. 
Sound; more soundstage, better delineation of vocals and room ambience, still sounds a bit muffled/recessed.

I know those are on the inexpensive side, but after upgrading my speakers to the Focals. I'm hearing hints of things in the recordings that, I'm positive, with a better phono pre could be more fleshed out.

I listen to mainly rock/pop (Bowie, Stones, Steely Dan, Pink Floyd, Carly Simon, jazz)

If I could stay under 1K that would be great.

I'd like more definition, without losing the sweetness of tubes, I know I don't have any tube stages on there but…
I'd like the ability to use a MC cart as well 9I have a Denon 160)
My list so far:
Musical Fidelity - MX-VYNL Mm/Mc
Sutherland - Insight Phono Preamplifier
Musical Surroundings - Nova II
PS Audio Phono Converter (would be great to rip the records)

Any Suggestions are greatly appreciated.

thanks
mdelrossi1
Ifi Phono 2. Amazing piece of equipment. Music Direct gives you a 60 day tryout. Using mine for almost a year and competes with much more expensive preamps. Loads of gain and power plus a wide range of load settings. $500 retail.
The Brown Audio Labs (BAL) SP-1B tube-driven line/phono stage preamp listed at $850 at the time of Dick Olsher's TAS Review looks promising, but BAL's website doesn't have much information. Maybe if you contact Brown directly you could get more information.
They're not easy to find, and I don't know what their current status is, but the all-tube, handwired PTP MAGI Phonomenal (last known price $995) should give you exactly what you're looking for. I bought an earlier edition in Aug. 2014 and I'll never part with it. I got a a used earlier version for $750 and I'lll never let it go. The last version that surfaced was $995 with a few more features. Easily worth if if you can find one.

you need an outboard power supply and large transformer to approach the sound of the "big boys" - e.g. paraasound JC3, manley chinook, lehmann decade (take a look under their "hoods").  
you can get there with slightly above $1K with the lehmann black cube se ii.  i have one and love the sound that it gives me.