Looking for a ‘’No braine’r Integrated amplifier under 7500 or so

hello all!

I’m looking for ideas on a ‘slam dunk’ flexible high value solidly performing INTEGRATED amp for an office system, but one that for a while can be my ‘go to’ or primary unit and is a bit above entry level.

preference is to buy new, but preowned in the right scenario works for me as well.

Pesently I’m starting all over in amassing gear and felt to initiate the project by wading into the water slowly.

I have on hannd remnants of my former   efforts in a then very good line stage preamp and DAC, though the DA age is showing and well behind current popular trends  and support for new formats.

also on hand are some ‘so so’ amps, and several pairs of speakers and I just added a Blue Sound Noede 2I.

ultimately I see nearly everything being replaced but felt starting with a very nice Integrated seems as good a starting point as any.

topology is as such, not too too imoportant. decent power however is key as speakers being paired here are as yet unknown. likelyhood here is a pair of monitors and a sub.

the music playback will likely be streaming from providers and NAS files.

Aesthewtix Mimas has peaked my interest currently. and having owned bAT their INT is interesting too. apart from these two I’m wide open to suggestions on current one box amp solutions..

glass or sand power here makes little difference apart from thereafter mating speakers to the INT power constraints..

your thoughts, and expieriences here are vastly appreciated. THX
blindjim

Showing 1 response by bassdude

Yes - agree 100% - select the speakers first.

Otherwise - you stand a good chance of selecting the wrong amp.

For example - I got Harbeth 30.1’s and 40.2’s thinking they would sound great with my tube amps. They didn’t. Then found that Harbeth recommends only select SS amps to drive them to there full potential - and typically shows them with Hegel amps. Got the Hegel H590 integated - voila - it totally transformed the Harbeths to some of the best sound available. Would have sold them otherwise.

The Hegel H390 and H590 are outstanding with the right speakers (eg. Harbeths, etc.)

The McIntosh MA252 or MA352 hybrid amps also do well with Harbeths - superb actually.

The same is true with Maggies - only a great SS amp drives them to their full potential.

On the other hand Proacs love Line Magnetic tube amps! Also superb.

Very efficient speakers can mate well with tube amps.

So decide on your speakers first and then find the optimum electronics to drive them!!!