Looking for a new speaker. Wilson Maxx II ??

OK I don't want to start a flame war. I know you either love Wilson speakers or you hate them. I'm in the market for a pair of speakers. I have a dedicated room that is 19W x 25L x 10H. I'm looking for a pair of speakers I can keep for a bit so I am going to lay out some hard earned cash. With this being said I have listened to a pair of Wilson Maxx II a couple of times and they are quite nice. I feel I need to compare them to other speakers in the same category. Any suggestions on speakers I should listen too before making my decision?

Thanks for your time.
muslover

Showing 1 response by sirspeedy70680e509

For what it is worth,Raul has a very good point,regarding the monitor/twin sub configuration.Now,the monitors can be set up indepently from the subs.A very good thing!

Unfortunately,the industry,in the quest to sell higher priced product,has opted for the "All in one box" syndrome,which,as Raul is aware of,is a detriment to correct sound,in a home environment.Unless you live in Madison Square Garden!!I've heard a ton of them!

In reality,the one box mega systems,are a disappointment,if we can break free of the "Hype" thrown at us ,and really listen to some alternative set-ups.

What Raul proposes is to free the monitor(midbass/lower midrange),and position it out into the room,with the ability to deliver proper imaging.The sub/subs(room dependent,whether one or two,though one is more "ideal")can then be deployed,taking full advantage of correct low freq weight,and integration.

Once a set-up like this is properly done,it is "More" than competitive with the "Usually overpriced" big-rigs!!

A thinking music lover can put together a superb set-up in todays market,of plentiful products.Best regards.