Looking for a new phono preamp

Hi,

Long time lurker, first time poster.

Here's the deal. I'd like to find a new phono preamp. I'd prefer solid state, tubes get noisy too fast. My latest cartridge is an AT-ART9XA. I'm currently running thru a sut into a cj pv10a with phono stage, but I have just got my hands on a Bel Canto pre5 that the new phono pre will be paired with.

I've got a hard upper limit of $2.5k, less is OK for the right unit. I'm looking to buy new. Dealers around me aren't really set up to demo vinyl, so I'm hoping the collective experience in here can at least point me in the right direction. Hopefully, it would have a one month return policy so I can try out the preamp.

TIA.

PsychoicReaction
psychoticreaction
Musts?

"I've got a hard upper limit of $2.5k"   -partial fail

However, $50 over wasn't significant enough to me to let this one get away. , I'll give you half a point on this (generous at that).

" I'd prefer solid state, tubes get noisy too fast." - fail.
" I'm looking to buy new." - fail

~.5 out of 3, I guess that's not bad for a troll, and guess trolls can't bother actually reading.

I'm guessing you're one of the members here who PM'd me with an offer that I didn't take you up on.  Very sad.
Allnic H1202 is dead silent.
Its MC sounds at least as good as my $1000 phono pre (Magi Phonomenal) and $1000 SUT (Live! MC10).
Sound sample:  
 https://www.dropbox.com/home?preview=ZOOM0004.MOV
@phychoticreation can you share those who PM'd you? These forums are getting so sad. Initially they were good for information now is just another way to sell.
No, I won't share.  I can't be sure who it was, if it was one of them, and I would not want to disclose this information without evidence.
Check out the Tavish Design "Adagio" phono stage with the beefier transformers at $2400, which comes in at your price point. The only downsides are that there is a 5-6 week wait time and a 5% restocking fee for returns within 30 days. I owned one and it is easy to use and sounded very good, although I did sell it after about two years and moved up to a Luxman EQ500. BTW - I also owned a Herron VTPH 2A and I thought that it sounded great on classical and jazz, but not so much on rock. (Not surprising since Keith has a classical music background.) I felt that is slowed transients and made the music too "soft" sounding. The person I sold it to, loved it.