Looking for a little help for speakers I may purchase

I recently went to audio dealer near me and by accident decide to listen to a used pair of egglestonworks andra.  I must say I was completely blown away by the sound. I decided I will listen one more time this weekend.  And for the price being very affordable I will put them in my bedroom.  They were hooked up to prima tube. But I dont want to put tube in my room. And want to keep amp and pre under 2 or 3k. Any suggestions? Used is fine. Ty
pcc67
Hi, they look great and for that sort of price I would be disappointed if they hadent blown you away. There are so many alternatives for almost every price range that  research becomes vital - however there really aren`t any serious duds on the market in the range of known and trusted manufacturers.
My interest after having gone deep to find of decent entry level speakers at a fraction of the price of the  Egglestonworks andra`s, is to know how the exponential increase of sound quality matches the amount spent. I had a quick listen to a pair of speakers costing ten times the amount that I spent at the same dealer, and I cant say that I was ten times more impressed, maybe twice. 
And naturally your source would have to be of a similar standard to enjoy the full benefit of the speaker.
I've been thinking about the anthem p2 used. I've listened to the anthem statement and like that amp alot, but 6k is more than I'm willing to dish out. The egglestonworks just had all drivers done not long ago, excellent condition for 2500.00 dont really think I could do better for that price. Plus it just sounds sweet to me. I will listen to it one more time this weekend and probably get it. Luckily I have not sold my old pre and I will borrow an amp from my main system until I find another amp. I've been looking for more watts on my main system and the p2 was one of my options.  I would love tubes for the egglestonworks,  but I dont think I can find anything in my price range to drive them. Especially since I'm still upgrading my main system. 
I have the EgglestonWorks Fontaine Signatures (bought from a fellow Agoner) and I first drove them with a Primaluna Dialogue Premium amp, all NOS input and SED EL34 Winged C power tubes. Sounded like enough power to me as the speakers play loud. Then  I got the new Audio Mirror Reflection 45 watt mono blocks as I was really curious about these amps and could afford Vlad’s introductory price, and I had never had monoblocks.  I am happy with the results but I have never heard the speakers with solid state. I am tubes all the way, phono pre, pre and power. I am surprised there do not seem to be more EgglestonWorks owners after I viewed their website seeing they are worldwide and apparently used in studios. Made in Memphis, TN. Good service too as I needed a pair of grilles for the Fontaine Signatures, which they made for a very reasonable cost.

Hi, Great Question, and very nice speakers.

I would call Egglestonworks directly (Jim Thompson is the President and is a really great guy).  They are just getting back from a big show, so they may be a bit behind.  But, I have always found Jim's counsel to be spot on- truthful, accurate and taking my needs into account when I chat with him.  He has been with the company a long time, and takes the long-term view when dealing with customers.  He knows their product inside out and can tell you what will match well with those speakers.

Hope this is helpful.

Pcc67 I’m pretty sure you heard those speakers at Audio Video Therapy. There are a number of Intergrateds which you can hook them up to. John carries Parasound, Yamaha, Plinius, Luxman, Rotel, Marantz, Anthem and Naim. The folks are always glad to switch integrated’s around for you to check. You can also take it home to demo before buying. I gave them a listen the last time I was there and they are in excellent shape.