Looking for a integrated DAC/AMP to power my Elac UF5's < $1500

Hi
I'm looking for some suggestions on a integrated DAC/AMP to power my Elac UniFi UF5's.
I listen to music of all genres, and my listening habit is usually on the nice 60-75 spl, but occasionally I like to "party" up to 85+spl.
My room is ~ 18x24 with vaulted ceilings and a listening distance of 9ft from the speakers.

My content is exclusively digital and will be fed to the DAC/AMP from the optical out of a Bluesound Node2 (not i).

I have been looking around but it seems that for every integrated amp I find, there is someone complaining about their sound quality and say "you can do a lot better for the money" but many don't go further and provide alternatives, where when there are, they may not seem suitable to the 4OHM/85dB efficiency of the UniFi's.

Greatly appreciate suggestions.
asilvr

Showing 2 responses by mike_in_nc

Maybe a Nuprime IDA-8. At $1100 new, I don’t think you can do better for the money. They do turn up used from time to time.

Mike

P.S. For every product, someone will hate it. For every product, someone will love it So you won't find a unit that is entirely without negative comments. If possible, listen for yourself (trite advice, I know, but valid.)
I haven’t heard the others. I do have a Nuprime, which you’re welcome to listen to if you’re near Portland, Oregon. You could even bring over your speakers.

Nuprime also offers the IDA-16 (for more money, of course), with 2x the power output.
Good luck!