looking for a Integrated amp $6,000 range

I'm looking for a Integrated amp without DAC any suggestions ? 
iconicaudio

Showing 3 responses by yyzsantabarbara

I bought the CODA CSiB last week and I love it. I paid $3.4K used and it is $6.5K new.

I am getting the Krell K-300i in a few days for another set of speakers. That is $7K MSRP without the DAC.

http://www.tonepublications.com/review/the-krell-k-300i/
I have the CODA CSiB from 2018 (used). It does not have the FET from the #8. However, this thing is amazing. It cost me 1/2 the price of the new 2021 version. I am really shocked at how amazing this unit is. The 2021 is supposed to be better but imagine it is an evolutionary improvement rather than a revolutionary one.

It is as good as the Mark Levinson 585 intragrated which was the best $12K and under integrated I had heard before the CODA. I have heard a few good ones before.
I thought I would post an update on the Krell K-300i with optional DAC that I recently bought. I think it is now sufficiently burned it. It was also a demo unit at the dealer. So what I am hearing now is likely optimal.

I tried the following (in increasing order of preference): 

1) Krell Ethernet via RJ45 using cheap CAT5 Ethernet cable
2) Krell Balance 1 input via Benchmark DAC3B* using Benchmark XLR
3) Krell Balance 1 input via  AudioMirror Tubadour III SE Tube DAC* using Audience AU24SE XLR 

*DAC got streamed data from Fibre Optic cable (not Toslink) 

The 3rd connection  choice was incredible. It was as good as the CODA CSiB (from 2018 not the latest) that I at one time thought was the best integrated on my power hungry speakers. The 90 watts of Class A on the Krell + the tube on the AMT3SE is a great pairing. Very smooth, with detail and body. The Krell also has some serious bass. The best bass on my Thiel CS3.7s out of a few different brand I have used, Benchmark, CODA, and Krell. 

I sold the CODA today because this Krell with choice 3 was as good as the CODA and the Krell has better digital connectivity, such as HDMI.

The Krell K-300i is a seriously fine integrated amp. I may even sell some gear to simplify with this Krell.