Looking for a good full range floor stander

Hello all.  Making a good two way system for a 20 x 40x 12 high room budget 12k to 16 k.  Powered by a bryston 14b cubed amp.  Have a surround system with Golden ear ref and surrounds powered by parasound a21 for mains  and Carver cinema grand for surrounds. Like the GEs  The speakers I'm looking for will be for music only lots of jazz (female vocalist a fav), classical, classic rock and roll (70's and up).  I have heard good things about proac k6, Joseph audio, and a few others but am not within 4 hours of audition range.  Real interested in people in the know about the proac or suggestions.  Thanks in advance.
paliden

Showing 1 response by audiolover718

I have a set of proac D48r which I love. They replaced a set of Magnepan 1.6.  The Maggie’s were amazing in there own right, but the d48r seem more musical to me, and they run extremely well with a smaller amplifier, in my case an ARC REF75se.  The proac have amazing detail without sounding analytical and are just an amazing speaker to listen to all types of genres.  I’m extremely happy with them. Only thing I wish is that I had more free time to enjoy them.