Looking for a 24/192 dac to compliment my oppo r2r setup

I have one of my Oppo BDP 105s in my 2 channel room

I have it hooked up to an MHDT Orchid dac which is extremely musical

It is an r2r ladder dac and will only play redbook formats.

I am very happy with it.

I also currently have the Oppo going directly into my preamp for high rez formats

I would like to get a reasonably priced but great sounding hi rez dacs that will do blu ray, 24/192, tidal MQA? Any others

Thanks

128x128audiotomb

@audiotomb Hi, the Orchid will accept 24/192 kHz. Maybe your settings in your Oppo are incorrect. If you play SACDs/DSD files they should get converted to DOP or PCM (Various sample rates). Blu-Ray and DVD Audio should work fine.

MQA has been discredited by many and proven to be lossy. Nevertheless lots of people still like it. Personally I think it's unnatural.

You have an Aurender A10 why not use it's DAC? This can give you MQA and Native DSD.

Thanks

The MHDT states in it’s specifications 44 khz

I will try to send a blu ray or SACD signal

The Aurrender is in my HT setup

Different room

I'm very happy with a Pro-Ject Pre Box S2 Digital DAC in one of my systems. It does MQA, can serve as a preamp, is reasonably priced and has received quite a few 'best of' awards from audio publications.

Thanks for starting this thread. I have an Oppo 105 in the closet. I have a Schiit Yiggy Gen 2. I currently use a windows laptop, but I’m considering the Oppo to replace the laptop. I stream Tidal, but I’m not sold on MQA. Ever consider the Gear Fab Breakout Box ? RVPiano has the Breakout Box as he spins slot of discs in addition to vinyl. It doesn’t solve your DAC issue, but it’s very interesting. Sorry for being off track, but I’ll definitely follow your thread and any advise on using my Oppo would be appreciated. Regards, Mike B.