Looking For 90% of the performane of the super expensive cables for much less money

I currently have a system which consists of Vandersteen 5A's, THor Audio TP-150 tubed monoblocks, Thor Line Stage and Thor phono stage, Marantz SACD player SA-114 and will take delivery of the VPI Prime Scout with a Sumiko EVOS 3 Cartridge. I am currently using LAT International Speaker Cables, Power Cords and Interconnects. (They are no longer in business). I am in immediate  need of turntable cables and would like to update my new speaker cables and interconnects. Not willing to spend thousands on this upgrade. Seeking to capture as much of the "magic" that the super expensive cables deliver but at a more realistic price point. I understand that I have really good quality equipment, but at this stage of my life cannot allocate mega dollars towards cables.
 Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

128x128kjl1065
I'm putting a plug in for GroverHuffman cables which are extremely reasonably priced based on the manual labor cost of construction and immense complexity of their design (superior shielding, superior design, low capacitance, top comparable sound quality).  We are talking $400/m more or less for ICs and A/C cables and $600-$1000 for speaker cables.  He should charge more but he sells direct, 30 day money back guarantee, world wide distribution and 20 years in the business.  I'm one of this beta tester's on design/materials and have auditioned many top name brands Nordost, Audioquest, Transparent, High Fidelity, Wireworld, Kimber, etc. against his wires at home and at audio shows.  
Although I have not heard cables that are $10,000, nor do I probably have a system or ears that could really hear the difference, my general experience in moving up the expensive ladder of audio gear is that most times, one is chasing a 10-15% difference in sound for many thousands of additional dollars.  It is a diminishing return.  Is the $10,000 amp twice as good as the $5,000 amp?  highly unlikely.  Is there an audible difference? Possibly.  Whether that audible difference is worth twice the money is a personal choice.  Do cables sound different?  Many do, even at non-exotic prices.  Can you get 90% of the performance of "super-exotic" cables for substantially less?  Highly likely.  Whether its cables, power amps, preamps or DAC's, I suspect that that 10% is a financial killer.  Is it worth it? Its personal choice and disposable income.  

If you have the bucks to blow on  $50,000 power amp, $60,000 speakers, etc, maybe whether a 10% improvement in cables is worth another $10,000 is simply not a factor -- you want the best at any cost.  But if you have a much smaller budget, seems to me that that 10% simply is not worth chasing.
I’ve been involved with some pretty expensive systems at THE Show in Vegas. For example, one system with $100K Rockport Hyperion speakers, biamped with $60K worth of Tenor amps and just guessing $20K worth of Jena Labs Pathfinder cables and Shunyata cables. Best of show, best anyone ever heard at any show. Blush. Gee, maybe there’s something to this expensive stuff... 😬 Also, with John Curl and Bob Crump twice back when they showed their really expensive Blowtorch preamp, Bar B Q amp and a bunch of Bob’s Throbbing Gristle TG cables.

Conclusion: It all depends on what you’re trying to accomplish. If you’re trying to get best of show it’s probably best not to scrimp on the cables.
My best ever system has been the Von Schweikert/VAC/Kronos at $1.4 million. The difference between a $50,000 system and it are HUGE!! The best ever system wasn’t 10-15% better, it was indescribably superior, like 200-300% better. It betters my $80,000+ system by 100%, at least and every other great system I’ve heard over the past decade at shows and stores.  Sometimes the monetary difference does translate into very superior sound/music reproduction.  Often it does not.  Cables do matter but cost of cables don't necessarily relate to superior sound either, just like equipment and tweaks.  Then there is system symbiosis, getting the equipment and tweaks to work together towards a goal desired by the listener.  
The cables for my favorite of all time system cost $400,000 and are made by Masterbuilt, a company distributed by the speaker manufacturer.  They are expensive (and there were a lot of them in that system).  Are they worth it?  If they were necessary to achieve best ever sound system, then yes.