Looking fo krell 450 mcx monos

Anyone know of a good pair for sale
tunawishing

tunawishing
Looking fo krell 450 mcx monos

They have an (engine room the size of the Titanic, float about as good too).

Seriously though, these are an end game amp, if you don’t mind the power bill.
Class A- plateau biasing (auto slides up and down to the music signal being played, said to be in Class-A near all the time, no/low music hardly any class-A) so "kind" of environment friendly during quiet passages🙄.

If you can't find one, make sure you look at a stereo Gryphon Antillion Evo, also a Titanic but user adjustable Class-A bias
https://gryphon-audio.dk/shop/power-amplifiers/antileon-evo-stereo/
And the Antillion Evo monoblocks 
https://gryphon-audio.dk/shop/power-amplifiers/antileon-evo-mono/

I don’t believe there’s a speaker made these couldn’t drive without breaking a sweat.
You’ll get a pair if you put out all searches for them, hope you do, get back and let us know.

Cheers George
Keep searching!
those amps are friggin wicked great, will drive any American and most Euro speakers. 
 Except those MBL Radiostrahler speakers which have shut down almost every amp except their own and the Sanders Magtech amp. 

Hope you find a great pair, they are magnanimous, and will last a long time. Should you find a pair, send to Krell to upgrade, update them, have them looked at.  Whatever you do, take the time and drive them to Krell, drop off, talk to Krell, have them serviced. I’m keeping my Emotiva amps (I know, I know)
they are good hand me down amps for beginner system!

Anyway, mentioning that name is a Krell place is blasphemy. 
 Keep us informed. Unless you find a similar pair of monos as good. Classe, Vincent, Sanders, Carver,....

almost bought a pair of classe monos’ (I think the 300W ones)
but for 200 less I bought a different pair and have been ecstatic since.  Actually my brother bought a pair of McCormack dna-750s’ instead of my referral to the classe 300W mono amps! He says the dna-750 amps by McCormack/conrad Johnson were a better deal than the classe amps. He has been an audio junkie since the late 70’s, and is familiar with steve, and mod squad. 
  He stands behind his choice on the McCormack dna-750 Mono pair vs the classe amps. He said the classe amps are definitely possibly better for resale , and I think he said they do have class A for first few watts, .but McCormack monos will be warmer sounding, and be a better choice in the long run, due to upgrades, and contacting the designer,....CJ is great, but steve McCormack is a great guy and is a better designer and ......whatever he said,....

I told him the classe amps would have been better, they were also a couple hundo less for the mono pair,.....he insisted on the McCormack stuff, as his past experience with past mod squad gear. 

I keep telling him the classe would have been a better choice,....I forget t he actual model, I know they were 300/600/1200 RMS, WITH A better power supply than the McCormack which uses a old Jensen power supply wrapped, not the torroid like the classe. The McCormack is 600-700 @8Ohm depending on the house power.    1000W+ at 4Ohm, only. 
 I looked at. The specs, and the classe has a better power supply more capacitance, better specs,.....

yet he said, specs are on paper , and mean nothing,  it’s the sound, and what the speakers, amp, source, etc gives you,......I agree as only a few combos have made the hair on my arms, neck stand up the way his McCormack system did. 

He absolutely LOVED the odyssey kismet amps I bought, to try to compete with him.   He said for only 200 W at 8 Ohm, and NOT doubling down to 4 Ohm, they had a lot of power, and balls, he said the output was different to his speakers, said they controlled his speakers better,....

anyway, what do you all think??

I’ve been listening to the mccorma amps and the odyssey amps, as well as a Sunfire 600 sig for quite so,e time.

3 very fine amps! With 3 different sound signatures!
Anybody that thinks Krell from that era aren’t incredible amps are nuts I have two pairs of Krell original 750 MCX mono block’s not upgraded from a 650Mc
 I unfortunately only have one 450 MCX mono block that runs a Center Speaker I’m actually looking for a original not upgraded one right now you can easily spot ones that have
 been upgraded they put the new serial sticker right over where the engraving of the model would be so if it was a 350Mc mono they would stick the new serial number Where the original model number is all Krell Fpb style amps put’s the Original  serial number sticker  right above the power cord or Inlet where they would put it so you won’t see the engraving on the back just letting you know for a heads up on trying to find a pair of 450 MCX if you come across a pair that have been upgraded there’s nothing wrong with that amp it’s just  not worth as much as an original so you can negotiate better I’ve had several 450s come my way and they were all upgrades and then even though they say the parts are the same I know people at Krell they’re not exactly the same the transformers is different and other things in there are different so just try to find original everything I have several big boy stereos 700 CX 600 C even the old FPB 600  all been service regularly and they’re amazing yes they do eat up a lot of electricity I’m using extremely large electrostatic speakers the Martin Logan Statement Evo2 I also have a pair of Krell Evo One mono blocks and those are amazing I would put those up against any Gryphon amp any day!! I’m not saying they’re bad amps there great amps it just for the money if you can find good quality Krell to me they’re the best and I have demoed everything from MBL to Gryphon and I still go back to my Krell’s good luck if you have any questions I’d be more than happy to answer them
I have a Krell FPB 300cx amp purchased new in 2002 from Sounds by Singer. Drove it up to CT and had it re-capped at Krell about a  year ago for about $1100. Will sell my firstborn before I part with this amp. Never even had a burp out of it. Drives my Magico A3's beautifully. Neal

I finally found a pair taking the drive to krell in a few days to have them checked out