Logitech Z906 no signal on center channel

I've hooked up the Z906 to my new PC with 3.5mm jacks because I understand that's the best way to get surround sound while gaming. I've got all the cables hooked up properly and the built-in speaker test provides sound on all 6 channels, but I've got no signal to the center channel.

Using either the Realtek Audio Console or the windows speaker setup, I've set it to 5.1 and run a test. I get a tone from all 4 speakers + sub but not from the center. I switched the cables between CS/SUB and FR/FL and indeed, I hear the center and sub instead of FL/FR, but only one of the fronts. Anyway the point is the center speaker works fine.

I do get center sound if I use the optical cable.

I've also tried all the other settings such as "swap center/subwoofer", speaker fill, full range speakers on/off etc., no change. Interestingly, if I test the sub with "swap" turned on, it works the same as when it's turned off. Seems like it's not really switching at all.

Could my motherboard be defective? It's brand new: MSI B550 Gaming Edge Wifi. Drivers are up to date downloaded fresh from the MSI website.

maxibelas
Post removed 

I've hooked up the Z906 to my new PC with 3.5mm jacks because I understand that's the best way to get surround sound while gaming. I've got all the cables hooked up properly and the built-in speaker test provides sound on all 6 channels, but I've got no signal to the center channel.

Using either the Realtek Audio Console or the windows speaker setup, I've set it to 5.1 and run a test. I get a tone from all 4 speakers + sub but not from the center. I switched the cables between CS/SUB and FR/FL and indeed, I hear the center and sub instead of FL/FR, but only one of the fronts. Anyway the point is the center speaker w https://showbox.tools/ orks fine.

I do get center sound if I use the optical cable.

I've also tried all the other settings such as "swap center/subwoofer", speaker fill, full range speakers on/off etc., no change. Interestingly, if I test the sub with "swap" turned on, it works the same as when it's turned off. Seems like it's not really switching at all.

Could my motherboard be defective? It's brand new: MSI B550 Gaming Edge Wifi. Drivers are up to date downloaded fresh from the MSI website.

issue got solved