LK-85 vs LK-140 for Aktiv w/ Keilith

My dealer did not have any Aktiv system to demonstrate, nor the LK-85 ... I compared Majick and Wakonda+LK-140 on Ninkas, then Wakonda+LK-140+Majick(amp-only) in passive bi-amp - and could hear enough difference to convince me to go active ...
... could anyone tell me if in an active setup having a pair of LK-85 or a pair of LK-140 will make a lot of difference ? (I have a pair of Keilith)
Thanks
Dominique
d_normand

Showing 1 response by rcprince

We recently had a NJ Audio Society meeting at a Linn dealer where Linn was demoing their Ninka speakers using an LK-85 for the tweeter and an LK-140 for the bass drivers, using the Aktiv crossovers in the two amps. Excellent sound (a big part of it being the Sondek CD 12 they were using as a source). I think that you might want to talk with your dealer or Linn about what would work best for your speakers, but they can make the crossovers work for amps with different power ratings, if the speakers can use it. You've made a good choice--the Aktiv concept works very well with the Linn systems and is the way to go if you can afford it.