Listening Nirvana in Tiny Hideaway Room

In typically neurotic audiophile fashion, I continue to obsess over upgrades, speaker placement etc with my main system in my main room inside the house.

I have recently abandoned the completion of a new office in a detached garage, as I have found myself traveling into my other office in NYC much more frequently than expected.

As I looked at this garage space, I realized that the walls and ceiling are asymmetrical, with a high point of 9 feet or so, although the room itself is quite small -- say 10 by 12 ish.

So I wondered if I might be fun to escape to this space to listen to music and/or watch movies -- away from the distractions and noises of the house, family, TV telephone etc.

Has anyone succeeded in assembling a jaw dropping system in such a small space? Or have you had success with a particular speaker that could sound and image well in a small space?

Does this sound like fun? .....or should I just plow more funds into the big rig?
cwlondon

Showing 1 response by c123666

I've been using Galante Rhapsody and Audio Note ANK/L in a similar sized room with low powered tubes amps for some time and it works out very well. The speakers were ceiling hung and still sounded very good. It did take some time to get them positioned just so and a friend to help that that exercise makes it much easier.

Using some deadening material on the ceilings and walls is quite useful, too.