linn sondek tt

Does anybody still buy this? I just noticed many of their old dealers are gone.i wonder why?
theoriginalthor1
@daveyf  Absolutely true. The ability to upgrade is a positive not a negative. Through the years as technology evolved, Linn incorporated these changes into their TTs. Over time this forward thinking approach has been adopted by many other audio brands from IC cables to electronics. 
   This is one of the beauties of audio. Those who don't have the $$ to purchase reference level components from the start can enjoy incremental improvements over time. When you grow a system this way you really do appreciate the nuances of how EVERYTHING contributes to the sound you hear.
   As with most things in life, this hobby/lifestyle of ours is a journey not an end game. Enjoy the journey and appreciate the music each each and every day for what it is, not what it isn't.

I had Linns for 20yrs. Went through the upgrade cycle Linn  so cleverly incorporated into  ownership. Compared my dealer set up LP12 to a mitchell orbe fitted with an ekos and Lyra cart, as was my Linn - preferred the Orbe. 
My initial replacement was a sme 20 - more resolving, increased texture in the bass a more neutral sound.
I now have a Kuzma Xl which never ceases to amaze me with it's sense of scale, detail, depth, sound stage, instrument placement etc. The LP12 could never render a convincing sweep of a large orchestra, or hold my attention for hours like the Kuzma.
Obviously the newer LP12s are much improved but it is essentially the same technology.
A friend has a new mid priced LP12 - I prefer his naim digital output on most recordings.
@dctom How many years ago did you own the LP12? What version was it?
Here’s the other issue that seems to crop up frequently, that is the ancillary gear that people listen, or listened to, is very very different from set up to set up....but the table is always the culprit...this makes no sense to me.
Having placed the Kuzma into the same system as the LP12 Klimax, all who heard the system preferred the Linn....that day and with the same ancillary gear and same room....how many can say that about the listening experience that they had...can you dctom?
Daveyf, the Linn is not the end all be all table.  No table is.  if he likes the Kuzma better, to him its better, there is no reason try to figure out why the Linn did not sound better.  To him it did not anymore.  Just like others who had Linns and maybe want to try something else.  The Linn is a very good table, no doubt, but its got plenty of challengers and thats just the way it is.