linn sondek tt

Does anybody still buy this? I just noticed many of their old dealers are gone.i wonder why?
theoriginalthor1
   I have owned LP12's for the past 35 years evolving through various incarnations over time. Presently my deck is a "full spec" Klimax LP12 with a Karmen top plate and a Chris Harban cocobolo plinth locking everything together into a solid foundation for those lowest octaves. The table was assembled in my home here in the USA by Peter Swain.
   It NEVER goes out of tune, and is one of the most musical front ends I have heard in direct A/B comparisons. This completely assembled deck still costs less than many of the newest digital front ends I compare it with.
   Find yourself an experienced dealer who knows how to set these tables up in your home and you will have one of the most engaging analogue sources from which to grow a system.

My System;   LP12>Pass electronics>Thiel speakers;  using a loom of Chord Sarum T throughout.  (Soon upgrading to pre-owned Tidal Piano speakers when I find the right pair)
I bought my LP12 in 1998 so I’m happy to say that as of Tuesday I’m into 21st year of LP12 ownership. I have heard a lot of tables over the years. None are perfect but I’m pefectly content with my LP12 and have zero desire to change tables. It’s utterly engaging and enjoyable. But I will gladly acknowledge that these days there are many excellent tables to chose from and I’ll also readily admit were I starting from scratch today, the VPI Prime would be high on my list.

@zavato  Nice post. I do think that if you were in the market today, even though like you stated, there are some good table choices, that the LP12 Magik would still beat out the likes of a VPI Prime.
Certainly it would be no contest between the Prime and an Akurate level LP12. 
Even though your LP12 is on its 21st year, you could easily upgrade it to the Akurate level or beyond, thereby saving a part of your initial investment. This, imo, is what makes this particular table still so attractive in today’s market, because how many other tables can you say that about?
@daveyf  Absolutely true. The ability to upgrade is a positive not a negative. Through the years as technology evolved, Linn incorporated these changes into their TTs. Over time this forward thinking approach has been adopted by many other audio brands from IC cables to electronics. 
   This is one of the beauties of audio. Those who don't have the $$ to purchase reference level components from the start can enjoy incremental improvements over time. When you grow a system this way you really do appreciate the nuances of how EVERYTHING contributes to the sound you hear.
   As with most things in life, this hobby/lifestyle of ours is a journey not an end game. Enjoy the journey and appreciate the music each each and every day for what it is, not what it isn't.